Data Science can be defined as a multidisciplinary field that uses various mathematical methods, advanced statistical methods, algorithms, analytics and systems to analyse data and extract information and present it in the form of reports. It helps firms to predicting future values and to make better business decisions. In simple words, Data Science derives meaningful information from data and helps us in understanding it.
Why Data Science?
With rapid digitalization, Data Science has found its way into many industries. In a dynamic market scenario, the needs and wants of consumers keep on changing. Therefore, companies have to stay a step ahead with forecasted information to tackle such situations.
- Data Science enables firms to use artificial intelligence, statistical methods and other tools to predict consumer behaviour.
- Data Science plays an important role in inventory management. It analyses past sales transactions and identifies seasonal patterns and peak demands, which helps in the implementation of effective inventory management techniques to meet demand efficiently.
- Before launching new products and services, companies design surveys. Such surveys give companies an insight on the attitude of consumers towards the product. Data Science helps Business Intelligence teams to generate dashboards that include grouping observations into segments before analysing them to find out predictive coefficients. As a result of which, a firm can make alteration in its products to satisfy different targeted segments.
- Data Science handles strictly numerical information and aids in visualising the findings to create easily digestible images supported only by the most relevant numbers. This enables different levels of management to make sense of the data before taking any essential decision.
- Business analysts apply data science in price optimisation techniques by extracting relevant information and comparing them with historical data.
- Data Science is used in healthcare for medical image analysis and drug development research. It is also used to virtually assist patients and provide customer support.
What Are The Data Science Courses Offered At Manipal ProLearn?
At Manipal ProLearn, we offer PG certification and PG Diploma programs in Data Science. You can choose any of the below courses based on your interests or job requirements.
Our in-depth certification courses are:
Following are some of the short term specialization courses we offer
To know more about the Data Science courses offered at Manipal ProLearn, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.