Certificate in Advanced MS Excel
Coupon code: ADVANCEXL | Offer price: 3840/-
Home > Blogs > What is the career scope in Search Engine Marketing?
In an era of ever-evolving digital landscapes, all traditional channels of marketing have begun to undergo a significant change. Organizations, ranging from start-ups and small enterprises to medium-sized companies and multi-national corporations, have stopped being exclusively reliant on print and electronic media.
Instead, most business verticals, whether operating in a B2B or a B2C platform, have started employing digital marketing tools in order to bolster their overall marketing plans. Although an effective digital marketing strategy is comprised of a multi-faceted approach, one of the most important instruments in its kitty is the highly competent technique of - search engine marketing (SEM).
Largely considered to be a type of digital marketing, SEM is an efficient and productive way of increasing website visibility, reaching new customers, trimming acquisition costs and generating consistent revenues by undertaking targeted website promotion on search engine result pages. Owing to its popularity, several professional digital marketing courses have started including SEM as their core constituent.
Skills Required for A Career In SEM
If you are aiming to be a digital marketing executive with a specialization in SEM, you will need to possess a diverse skill set. Apart from a certification obtained by completing a digital marketing course, you should be able to:
- Analyse various SEM methodologies.
- Understand paid/organic enhancement metrics.
- Support different optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Possess detailed knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Conduct contextual and competitive keyword research.
- Apprehend newer versions of search engine algorithms.
- Integrate services with advertisement vendors.
With expertise in these, it would become possible for you to devise a customized SEM campaign that focuses on both, brand promotion and ROI augmentation.
The Scope of Search Engine Marketing
Having firmly established itself as a distinctive field of study, the scope of SEM has expanded beyond the usual digital marketing jobs. Be it the post of a junior assistant, a project manager, a freelance consultant or a senior executive, digital marketing companies have started opening their coffers for SEM specialists in areas like:
- Business development
- Event management
- Social media
- Web designing
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Public Relations
- Web programming
- Paid searches
- Link building
And this is just the beginning! With an expected remuneration of about Rs. 2 L to Rs. 10 L per annum, the SEM industry is headed for an exponential growth that would provide enough opportunity for advancing the careers of both, entry-level and experienced executives.
- Search engines are bound to emerge as the primary source of gaining credible information about various marketable products and services.
- Motivated customers who are prepared to make quick purchases will be increasingly dependent on web-based mediums.
- The international presence of digital marketing platforms, especially search engine marketing, will begin witnessing a steady rise.
- With internet connections and mobile phones improving access, search engines would turn into the basic tool of bolstering conversions.
- Technological leaps will make online advertisements more targeted in terms of generating specific leads and preparing demographic profiles.
As compared to the other, more conventional marketing channels, the accuracy, and trustworthiness of search engines would remain unhindered.
In a highly complex environment, the demand for SEM experts armed with comprehensive background training in digital marketing basics will continue to grow by leaps and bounds.
In fact, the future of digital marketing will be determined by the ability of SEM professionals to provide measurable outcomes, enhance search engine results page (SERP) rankings and place relevant advertisements strategically. The scalability and sustainability of their solutions would provide the fundamentals upon which entire marketing campaigns would be built.
However, in order to carve out a niche for yourself in the search engine marketing arena, you would have to create a perfect balance of knowledge, skill, and experience. After all, SEM operates across the different parts of a marketing funnel and gaining proficiency in each one of its operations, is the only way to score a decisive edge over your competitors!