Home > Blogs > The Ultimate Online Reputation Management Guide For All Businesses
The Ultimate Online Reputation Management Guide For All Businesses
Your reputation is important. Period! While the World Wide Web has changed how we connect with others, businesses are no longer just selling to a passive customer! With the gigantic escalation of social media and user-generated reviews and responses, connecting with customers has gone way beyond mere brochures, TV and paper ads. Alright, so going by the words of Warren Buffet, here’s why online reputation today has become more important than ever. Just a few mind-blowing stats to prove things to you:
Which tool is used in Business Analytics
What is online reputation management - ORM?
In very simple terms, online reputation management is the process of defining and being in charge of what reflects online when someone searches for you or your business on a search engine. ORM includes not just managing search results, but also queries related to your brand and negative reviews on social media or elsewhere.
Well, if you do not control your online reputation, someone else might!
Why do you need ORM?
In today’s world, before making a purchase decision, what’s the first thing you do? Check for reviews/feedback from the product/brand online isn’t it? Well, you are not alone. Most do!
Here’s where your marketing campaigns play an important role – the brand messaging and positioning online is important. When you have insights into what your customers are looking for online, you can change your game plan accordingly and not only enhance your ORM, but also your sales.
Build a loyal fan following
When you add to your sales, it automatically indicates that you have been able to gain your customers’ confidence. Then there’s word-of-mouth from them and you gradually increase your base of loyal customers along with sales. Similar thing happens when there is a negative experience, it spreads like wildfire. Now, you know why proper ORM is important? To add to all this, the cost of recovery from this terrible situation is towering.
You have to be on your best foot online at all times
Not just the masses in general, stakeholders, banks, potential investors look out for you online to investigate and explore. While most of these people don’t know of your company personally, they make decisions based on what they observe online. Here again, if you have a negative online reputation, it will definitely reflect and why would someone try to invest or do business with you?
ORM and recruitment go hand-in-hand
Having a good staff onboard determines the success of a brand name/business. While you hire someone, he/she does a thorough research of what the internet holds for you before accepting your offer or your competitors’. If you identify what your competitors and prospective employees are talking about you on the internet, it can make a huge difference in your ORM.
ORM for your business – Tips & Tricks
1. Make sure you are visible on all relevant websites - Get online on all sites pertinent to your niche - social media sites like Facebook & Twitter, social networking sites like Reddit and Digg, business oriented social networking channels like LinkedIn, Opportunity, AngelList, visual discovery websites like Pinterest and Instagram, video sharing websites like Vimeo & YouTube and the like.
2. Build an audience and repute on social media sites - Once you have an account on all the above mentioned sites, you can’t just leave them to perish! Don’t forget that social media is enormously powerful. You have to build your audience, connect and engage with them. This will help to increase your influence and thereby by your reputation. Even if someone posts a negative comment/feedback, you need to swiftly respond to them cordially. Leaving these comments unattended only adds to the fire.
3. Build a standing for your products/services online - No matter how many product/service offerings you have, you should have online reading materials for all. Developing good SEO optimized websites/web pages; profiles on social media sites and other content material make your brand name identifiable and dependable.
4. Stay transparent - Why the privacy? Why do you really want to hide your client list, investors and founders? If they are distinctive, you should flaunt them to build a solid reputation online. If someone is searching using their names, you can come on the search page and thereby increase your visibility multi-fold.
5. Google authorship and blogging is imperative - When you have a face to all the content you post online which is achieved via implementing Google Authorship, Google helps you to rank higher on SERPs. Along with this, we cannot stress any less on the weight of blogging. When done correctly with right keywords, a blog enhances your brand visibility immeasurably.
When you follow these steps, stay rest assured that you and your business will shine in a much stronger light. While it may take some time and money to build a stand for you, at the end of it, it’s all worth. Proper ORM acts as a cushion. It not only protects your reputation online, it also helps you bounce back if something goes awry. If you are interested to know more about ORM and its various domains, here’s a program in Digital Marketing Certification that will interest you.
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
Thinking with our Thumbs- UI/UX Perspective for Managers today
Whether we are booking a taxi, waiting for one, choosing a restaurant or checking out other people’...
Why it is important to do a PMP® Prep Course from a Registered R.E.P.?
What is a PMI® R.E.P.?R.E.P. is a program created by PMI® to establish network of qualified...
4Ps in the Digital Marketing Context
You must have read about the 4Ps of marketing- product, price, place and promotion in your...
Execution – the Least Appreciated Process Group?
Here is a quick quiz. Question one. Out of the following process groups, which one has the least...
My Vacation Plan and Risk Response Strategies
Well, the answers and also their justifications are as follows.1. Avoid. “I drop the plans to drive...
Planning Vacation and Risk Response Strategies
It was a Friday evening. Kids’ vacations were just around the corner. Wifey and kids and me...
Is Your Digital Marketing Strategy in Place…Reasons why You Need to do it desperately!
It was observed that by the year 2012 more than 3 quarters of businesses around the world did not...
Why is Inventory Management Important to a Retailer
What is Inventory Management?Inventory is a term used to describe unsold goods and material that...
Learn the Tools & Techniques Employed in Project Planning
No matter how big or small a project is, it must be efficiently managed to make sure its goals are...More Info
Planning is key to Project Management success. Here's why!
“It’s not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what’s required.” – Winston...More Info