Thought Leadership Series on Digital Transformation
By Aditi Bhat
Looking for a platform to connect with eminent data science professionals? Manipal ProLearn is offering you the perfect opportunity. ProLearn invites all data science professionals and enthusiasts to its Digital Transformation Thought Leadership Series, which will be conducted on January 10, 2017. Also, various industry leaders will grace the event with their presence. Hence, it will be a great opportunity for networking with them.
Aimed at discussing the Talent Imperatives of the Data Science and Analytics field, it is the best way to network with industry influencers. The keynote speakers include:
- Prof. Dr. Svetha Venkatesh - Alfred Deakin Professor in the Faculty of Science, Engineering & Built Environments and Director of the Centre for Pattern Recognition and Data Analytics (PRaDA) at Deakin.
- Mr. R Nagendra Prasad - CEO at Confluence Consulting Circle, focusing on Product Management and Business Intelligence- Analytics. He is also a faculty at Manipal Global Academy of Data Science.
|Name || Designation|
|Bhaskaran Srinivasan || Founder of Strategic Consultant and Leadership Coach at Business Zenz, Academic Director at Manipal Global Education Services|
|Ravi Jain || Vice President & Business Head (Analytics and BI) at a large company|
|Dr Ranjan Das || Senior Consultant, Advanced Medical Technology and Pharmaceuticals at Frost and Sullivan|
|Dr. Pratibha Moogi || SPE, Media Analytics & Recognition at Samsung Electronics|
|Garima Sindal || Senior Manager, Technical Enablement at 7|
|Dr Nishant Chandra || Data Science Leader at AIG Science|
|Gaurav Kumar Jain|| Principal Engineer at Samsung Research India|
|Sudhir S || Data Science Leader and Associate Director in Cognizant Technology Solutions|
The experts will share their knowledge on the applicability of data science solutions in both India and abroad. They will also throw light on the challenges industry insiders face while upskilling or picking the right talent acquisition model. What’s more, they will also advice you on your data science/analytics related work challenges.
It will also be the right stage to understand the competencies expected out of a data scientist, which are not limited to basic industry knowledge. The brainstorming session will also revolve around learning the various areas of upskilling and reskilling the existing talent pool. It will also help academia in exploring research areas to collaborate with the industry. Hence, you certainly wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity!
What’s in it for the Industry & Academia?
Here’s a look at what it has to offer to the industry:
- The contemporary talent essentials for Data Sciences and Analytics
- The alignment of the current talent models with these new imperatives
- Connecting with the academia in building the required talent
- Using academic research to boost your company’s performance
Here’s how the academia will benefit from it:
- Recognise the competences expected out of a data scientist – beyond the basic functional areas viz. Leadership and inquiry skills
- Learn the areas of upskilling and reskilling the existing talent pool
- Understand the challenges faced by companies in the data science and analytics field while hiring professionals
- Understand research areas where academia can team up with the industry
So join us on January 10, 2017 at our campus in Electronic City to be a part of this insightful session!