Home > Blogs > Thought Leadership Series on Digital Transformation
Thought Leadership Series on Digital Transformation
By Aditi Bhat
Looking for a platform to connect with eminent data science professionals? Manipal ProLearn is offering you the perfect opportunity. ProLearn invites all data science professionals and enthusiasts to its Digital Transformation Thought Leadership Series, which will be conducted on January 10, 2017. Also, various industry leaders will grace the event with their presence. Hence, it will be a great opportunity for networking with them.
Aimed at discussing the Talent Imperatives of the Data Science and Analytics field, it is the best way to network with industry influencers. The keynote speakers include:
- Prof. Dr. Svetha Venkatesh - Alfred Deakin Professor in the Faculty of Science, Engineering & Built Environments and Director of the Centre for Pattern Recognition and Data Analytics (PRaDA) at Deakin.
- Mr. R Nagendra Prasad - CEO at Confluence Consulting Circle, focusing on Product Management and Business Intelligence- Analytics. He is also a faculty at Manipal Global Academy of Data Science.
|Bhaskaran Srinivasan||Founder of Strategic Consultant and Leadership Coach at Business Zenz, Academic Director at Manipal Global Education Services|
|Ravi Jain||Vice President & Business Head (Analytics and BI) at a large company|
|Dr Ranjan Das||Senior Consultant, Advanced Medical Technology and Pharmaceuticals at Frost and Sullivan|
|Dr. Pratibha Moogi||SPE, Media Analytics & Recognition at Samsung Electronics|
|Garima Sindal||Senior Manager, Technical Enablement at 7|
|Dr Nishant Chandra||Data Science Leader at AIG Science|
|Gaurav Kumar Jain||Principal Engineer at Samsung Research India|
|Sudhir S||Data Science Leader and Associate Director in Cognizant Technology Solutions|
The experts will share their knowledge on the applicability of data science solutions in both India and abroad. They will also throw light on the challenges industry insiders face while upskilling or picking the right talent acquisition model. What’s more, they will also advice you on your data science/analytics related work challenges.
It will also be the right stage to understand the competencies expected out of a data scientist, which are not limited to basic industry knowledge. The brainstorming session will also revolve around learning the various areas of upskilling and reskilling the existing talent pool. It will also help academia in exploring research areas to collaborate with the industry. Hence, you certainly wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity!
What’s in it for the Industry & Academia?
Here’s a look at what it has to offer to the industry:
- The contemporary talent essentials for Data Sciences and Analytics
- The alignment of the current talent models with these new imperatives
- Connecting with the academia in building the required talent
- Using academic research to boost your company’s performance
Here’s how the academia will benefit from it:
- Recognise the competences expected out of a data scientist – beyond the basic functional areas viz. Leadership and inquiry skills
- Learn the areas of upskilling and reskilling the existing talent pool
- Understand the challenges faced by companies in the data science and analytics field while hiring professionals
- Understand research areas where academia can team up with the industry
So join us on January 10, 2017 at our campus in Electronic City to be a part of this insightful session!
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
4 Ways to Use Big Data Analytics to Revolutionize India in 2019
The strength in numbersIndia’s population is expected to become 1.37 billion in 2019. Being one of...
Most Frequently asked Data Science Interview Questions
Are you a data science student and ready to take the plunge into this field brimming with job...
Using Big Data and ML to Revolutionize Indian Agriculture
Agriculture is the pivot of India’s economy. According to an IBEF report, more than 58% of the...
Future-proofing Your Organization's Data Analytics Workforce
As technology in the modern business environment continues to evolve, IT roles in the workplace...
And the Oscar Goes to AI - How AI May Soon Become Hollywood's New Superstar
Imagine all the complexities that directors and producers have to go through in order to make a...
Student of the Fortnight – Abhirupa Lodh
From Loving Numbers to Becoming Numero Uno With a dream of being counted among the top ten...
6 Ways Companies are Using Big Data to Power Successful Outcomes
As AI, deep learning and IoT gain credence as the latest buzzwords, so is the pervasiveness of big...
5 Reasons Why Every Leadership Team Should Have a Data Scientist
Companies around the world are using data to offer customised products and services, boost...
ProLearners Create History at Data Science Society’s Academia Datathon!
Two teams from Manipal ProLearn made it to the finals of Data Science Society’s Academia Datathon...
Student of the Fortnight - Swaditya Karunakaran
Blazing a trail on the career graphSometimes, when you reach the destination after a long and...