Home > Blogs > Thought Leadership Series on Digital Transformation
Thought Leadership Series on Digital Transformation
By Aditi Bhat
Looking for a platform to connect with eminent data science professionals? Manipal ProLearn is offering you the perfect opportunity. ProLearn invites all data science professionals and enthusiasts to its Digital Transformation Thought Leadership Series, which will be conducted on January 10, 2017. Also, various industry leaders will grace the event with their presence. Hence, it will be a great opportunity for networking with them.
Aimed at discussing the Talent Imperatives of the Data Science and Analytics field, it is the best way to network with industry influencers. The keynote speakers include:
- Prof. Dr. Svetha Venkatesh - Alfred Deakin Professor in the Faculty of Science, Engineering & Built Environments and Director of the Centre for Pattern Recognition and Data Analytics (PRaDA) at Deakin.
- Mr. R Nagendra Prasad - CEO at Confluence Consulting Circle, focusing on Product Management and Business Intelligence- Analytics. He is also a faculty at Manipal Global Academy of Data Science.
|Bhaskaran Srinivasan||Founder of Strategic Consultant and Leadership Coach at Business Zenz, Academic Director at Manipal Global Education Services|
|Ravi Jain||Vice President & Business Head (Analytics and BI) at a large company|
|Dr Ranjan Das||Senior Consultant, Advanced Medical Technology and Pharmaceuticals at Frost and Sullivan|
|Dr. Pratibha Moogi||SPE, Media Analytics & Recognition at Samsung Electronics|
|Garima Sindal||Senior Manager, Technical Enablement at 7|
|Dr Nishant Chandra||Data Science Leader at AIG Science|
|Gaurav Kumar Jain||Principal Engineer at Samsung Research India|
|Sudhir S||Data Science Leader and Associate Director in Cognizant Technology Solutions|
The experts will share their knowledge on the applicability of data science solutions in both India and abroad. They will also throw light on the challenges industry insiders face while upskilling or picking the right talent acquisition model. What’s more, they will also advice you on your data science/analytics related work challenges.
It will also be the right stage to understand the competencies expected out of a data scientist, which are not limited to basic industry knowledge. The brainstorming session will also revolve around learning the various areas of upskilling and reskilling the existing talent pool. It will also help academia in exploring research areas to collaborate with the industry. Hence, you certainly wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity!
What’s in it for the Industry & Academia?
Here’s a look at what it has to offer to the industry:
- The contemporary talent essentials for Data Sciences and Analytics
- The alignment of the current talent models with these new imperatives
- Connecting with the academia in building the required talent
- Using academic research to boost your company’s performance
Here’s how the academia will benefit from it:
- Recognise the competences expected out of a data scientist – beyond the basic functional areas viz. Leadership and inquiry skills
- Learn the areas of upskilling and reskilling the existing talent pool
- Understand the challenges faced by companies in the data science and analytics field while hiring professionals
- Understand research areas where academia can team up with the industry
So join us on January 10, 2017 at our campus in Electronic City to be a part of this insightful session!
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
Careers in Data Science (E-book)
Data is a buzz word & Data Science surely is a bustle to explore. Majority of people have a...More Info
Data Science Career In Five, Fifteen And Fifty Years
Image SourceData science has significant potential to impact our lives and how we work. We are...More Info
9 Creative Data Visualizations And What You Can Learn From Them
“A good sketch is better than a long speech.” — NapoleonA human brain processes visual information...More Info
All About Data Optimization!
What is data Optimization? Data Optimization is playing a major and important role in Pinterest and...More Info
Here’s How Data Analytics Is Transforming The Shipping Industry
Image SourceThe shipping lines transport a huge volume of cargo every day. It includes large...More Info
10 Interview Questions For Aspiring Data Scientists
Data Science has emerged as one of the most rapidly adopted technology areas of the digital age. As...More Info
5 Statistical Techniques Data Scientists Need To Master!
Image result for Statistical TechniquesImage SourceWhen it comes to data science, the...More Info
Six AI Applications For Startups And Small Businesses
Who says Artificial Intelligence is just for the biggies in the industry?AI tools are an excellent...More Info
Things You Should Know About Robotic Surgeries!
Healthcare without a doubt is one of the most complicated and dynamic sectors — not only in India...More Info
Here’s how AI Empowers the Customer Experience
Imagine you had a small issue with your mobile phone plan and hoping to have it resolved pretty...