Home > Blogs > A Sneak Peek into the Questions Asked in a Sales Interview!
2019 brings with it a fresh chance to succeed. So, if you’ve always wanted to start a promising career in sales, then now is the perfect time to seize the initiative and attempt for the win.
For getting shortlisted in a sales interview, one should prepare seriously for the face-to-face interview.
How many times do you come up with a strategy to increase your chances of selection and ultimately land a job in your dream company?
If you are not thinking on those lines, now is the time to make a new beginning. Start preparing for the most frequently asked questions in a sales interview. We’ll help you with the best answers to these questions to bag the job you always wanted. If you want to sell learn to sell “yourself” to the panel.
Let’s take a sneak peek into the questions asked in a sales interview!
Q1. What are the top questions one should ask a prospect?
Interviewers are always interested in checking a candidate’s ability to start a conversation with a prospect client. It may slightly differ in every situation but the basic elements that interviewers generally look for are mentioned below:
1. Is the sales person asking questions that solve a prospect’s problem?
2. Are the questions helping a prospect to take decisions on what is right for him?
3. If the sales person is profiling the client by asking about his budget, likings or constraints etc.
Confidently portray these points to leave an impact on the interviewers.
How do you research on prospects before a call or a meeting?
Every successful salesman knows the golden rule of finding solutions for his or her customers’ problems. Research is important to achieve it. So, keep yourself ready with the answer on how you plan your research work because interviewers are keen to know about it.
Here’s a step wise method for it:
Before joining your prospect in a meeting or over a call,
1. Research about your prospect’s nature of work, industry or occupation
2. Visit his or her company website and check the news updates or press releases there
3. Check the archives to get hold of any previous interactions with the prospect
4. Visit the prospect’s LinkedIn or social media pages to stay updated with the relevant information
When do you stop pursuing a client?
Ideally, one should never stop pursuing a prospect client but prioritize. It’s important for a sales executive to put his efforts in converting the leads into a sale. And for this reason, the sales executive must know when to stop pursuing a client. Here are the tell-tale signs when to stop pursuing:
1. The prospect isn’t responding to mails or calls
2. The prospect does not have the capital to buy your product
3. The prospect has found an alternate to your product/service
What's the best way to establish a relationship with a prospect?
A loyal customer is like a fruit bearing tree and can create business for you if you can nurture a relation. Interviewers are keen to know how you can win loyal customers for the company and hence it’s a question you must prepare for.
One can establish a long-term relation with a prospect from the beginning of the sales process to the end by:
1. Being cordial, polite and patient
2. Solving the customer's problem efficiently and cost effectively
3. Building trust and reliability
4. Being transparent and offering genuine guidance
5. Following up frequently
Getting it right from the start
When we start preparing, often we realize that it’s not the trick questions like ‘how will you sell sunglasses to a blind?’ that seal the deal. But questions that test your communication skills, understanding of a client’s requirement and passion for the job make the interviewers take the decision in your favour.
Today, companies prefer candidates who have good soft skills as well as domain knowledge to be job ready from day one.
Manipal School for Jobs offers classroom training programs that are industry specific with intensive training provided by experienced industry experts and faculty. These hands-on training sessions include concept training with case studies, real-life examples and role play to make students industry ready. Right then, what are you waiting for? It’s time to use 2019 as a brand-new platform to soar towards success!