Home > Blogs > opening for Social Media Manager at IIHS
About Communications at IIHS
The Communications team interacts closely and regularly with all units within the institution and coordinates with other channels of communique to ensure synchronized transmission of information to external stakeholders.
Being a unique Educational Institution with an inclusive and interdisciplinary approach to learning, IIHS offers innumerable opportunities for individuals to unravel their own potential across cross-cutting platforms. Learning achievement will depend on the interest and learning curve of the individual, supported and encouraged by the decision of the management as and when appropriate opportunities arise.
As an associate of the IIHS Communications team, the involvement will focus on social media management, analytics and media monitoring. Other support activities will include internal communication with relevant team members for News Letters, Community Engagement Programmes, Labs, and other events, and helping disseminate information on projects and programmes. The PR role will entail interaction with targeted media lines.
Activities and Tasks
The responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube; and expanding other focused platforms such as Google Scholar, Ademia.edu and similar;
- Helping structure Webinars and podcasts, and exploring similar channels of interaction to promote lectures, discussions, seminars and similar activities at IIHS;
- Exploring social media monitoring tools and techniques for lead generation.
- Daily tracking of multiple publications for urban-related news;
- Maintaining an archive of news on an internal portal;
- Overseeing and assisting in the development of an externally accessible Urban News portal, and the integration or migration of this portal into the Knowledge Gateway.
- Liaison with media houses;
- Follow up coverage.
- Supporting events at IIHS;
- Being part of the overall support team.
Activities will be monitored weekly against targets. Reports on activities will have to be generated at the end of a month.
Structure and Reporting
The Associate – Communications will report to the Lead – Communications at IIHS and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of internal teams and external faculty/organizations, and students.
For a culture fit at IIHS, the candidate should be willing to connect with people, cultivate and embrace new ideas, and grow with the organisation. Successful candidates should possess both the desire and capacity to learn and work in a team.
The ideal candidate should
- Be able to curate relevant news and grasp appropriate information to use on Social Media platforms;
- Be competent in researching, creating (or enabling creation) and repurposing for each specific digital network;
- Be able to plan and co-create a content calendar for publishing in different channels;
- Have the ability to suggest design requirements for various types of content;
- Be comfortable working with data and drawing actionable insights; be proficient in MS Excel;
- Have knowledge of different ways to network online;
- Have experience in working with tools like Hootsuite, Buffers, Analytics Dashboard and listening platforms.
Other qualifications required for this role, include:
- Command over the English language; additionally, knowledge of local language would be an advantage;
- Ability to connect with people, liaise with colleagues and key spokespersons;
- Willingness to analyse and learn from feedback;
- Firmness on timely execution of tasks;
- Ability to write precise and event-specific content;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
This offer is on an exclusive basis, which implies that other professional assignments (whether compensated or not) that bear a potential conflict of interest with IIHS cannot be undertaken.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
This position is based in Bengaluru and may entail travel to other locations in India.
Review and Assessment
The role and performance of the incumbent shall be subject to normal review and assessment systems at IIHS.
Download Job Description Document