Opening for Communications Assistant at IIHS
By Krishnaswami Mohan
The Indian Institute of Human Settlements (IIHS), Bangalore, is looking for a Communications Assistant in Bangalore. ProLearners who wish to apply, please send a mail with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB DESCRIPTION (JD) FOR COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT WITH IIHS:
Role: Communications Assistant
Experience : 2 years
Key Responsibilities / Experience
- Following the IIHS communication style guide and assist with writing content for various programmes, events and academic updates
- Co-creating content calendars for publishing on social media and forums and schedule posts
- Social media research; to amplify outreach efforts through groups, online communities, discussion forums and influencers (both internal and external)
- Event coverage: note-taking for live-tweeting, taking pictures etc
- Writing for social media about academic work, in order to promote the IIHS Knowledge Gateway, Urbanisation Journal and other research projects
- Providing timely and appropriate responses on social media
- Monitoring (using tools like Alert, Buzzsumo and Hootsuite) social media for mentions of IIHS projects, partner projects etc
- Liaising with all teams and maintain strict timelines to maintain a regular flow of content and updates
- Supporting internal social media training workshops.
- Supporting the Communications Team with creating analytical reports (for both programme- and event-based outreach)
- Helping create reports and dashboards for internal and external stakeholders.
- Daily collation of news from an internal news aggregation portal
- Sending out curated news to IIHS staff and faculty.
- Maintaining mailing lists
- Assisting in preparing publicity documents
- Assisting in maintaining the Institutional Calendar
- Helping collate information and preparing presentations for meetings and induction sessions
- Helping in updating website content as per IIHS guidelines and SEO framework in a timely manner.
- Good command over the English language and the ability to write across registers
- Experience with using social media publishing and scheduling tools (like Hootsuite, Buffer, IFFT etc)
- Must be proficient in MS Excel/PowerPoint and Google Spreadsheets;
- Comfortable working with data and drawing actionable insights
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment and to connect with people, liaise with colleagues and key spokespersons
- Willingness to analyze and learn from feedback
- Knowledge of the local language would be an advantage
Job Location: BANGALORE
About the Indian Institute of Human Settlements:
The Indian Institute of Human Settlements (IIHS) is a national institution committed to the equitable and efficient transformation of Indian settlements.
IIHS aims to establish an independently funded and managed National University for Research and Innovation focused on the challenges and opportunities of India’s urban transition. IIHS has also been designated a National Resource Centre (NRC) by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.