OLX Uses Analytics for Better Customer Experience
By Aditi Bhat
OLX, founded in 2006, is a global online marketplace, and is the largest online classified ads company in India, Brazil, Pakistan and Poland. It also provides local communities in high-growth markets with vibrant online marketplaces. OLX connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services enabling people to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web.
OLX is also active in over 105 countries with strengths in Latin America and Asia, supporting over 40 languages. With more than 125 million unique visitors per month worldwide, OLX is generating up to one billion page hits per months. The company's unique website allows users to design and personalize advertisements and display them in their social networking profiles. It has put them in the big data analytics realm.
- Targeting the customers better using advanced analytics.
- Controlling and enhancing their data warehouse better. Also, allowing OLX users to visualize the data in real-time without letting them face technical difficulties.
OLX turned to Pentaho for help. Pentaho, in turn, tasked Datalytics to help OLX create the optimal solutions to load, extract and transform data pulled from all across the world to create an improved data warehouse. Datalytics then migrated all this data to a columnar style database. Pentaho Data Integration and Mondrian helped in this data-migration. Now, OLX could also pull data from sources like Google Analytics into a single data warehouse. Datalytics used Big Data solutions and helped OLX to build out their data integration capabilities.
- OLX customers can now create and interact with the easy reports on various key business metrics.
- The company is also able to focus on improving their analytics and data integration capabilities without wasting time in building a new internal data warehouse.
- OLX customers are now able to market and strategize better using OLX’s unique website that offers OLX better brand value.
To read more about how OLX achieved efficient data integration and analytics capabilities, please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2jSwoHE