Certificate in Advanced MS Excel
Coupon code: ADVANCEXL | Offer price: 3840/-
Home > Blogs > The Many Hats of a Business Analyst
Many business analysts feel that they are being pulled in different directions at the same time. This is a reflection of the fact that they are versatile professionals with skills as well as abilities indispensable to various stakeholders within an organisation. To work on the profile of a business analyst, one needs to shoulder plenty of responsibilities. He/she also needs to put on many hats and play different roles as well, which include.
- An Ambiguity Shooter: A business analyst remains in a paradoxical relation with ambiguities. If there are ambiguities in the requirement specifications, they lead to unexpected defects. In case the ambiguities occur in conversations, then unnecessary conflicts might take place. So, at every stage, a business analyst clarifies and works out ambiguities. Also, he/she should work effectively through ambiguities at the beginning of the project itself.
- A Relationship Manager: Forging a strong relationship with stakeholders is another attribute that an ideal business analyst should have. This doesn’t merely mean that he/she needs to be in constant touch with the stakeholders. Building trust for the brand as well as the business also holds paramount importance.
- A Visualizer: The final decision is made by a business analyst. So before the verdict, it is necessary on his/her part to visualize his/her analysis. It is also essential that he/she creates visual models of the decision in the form of workflow diagrams, wireframe prototypes, etc. All in all, he/she should capture the data and related information visually.
- A Tech-Savvy Professional: Relevant IT skills are a must for any and every business analyst. Perhaps it sounds like he/she needs to be proficient in computer applications. However, it goes well beyond that. Apart from knowing the ins and outs of the various software, a business analyst needs to be well-versed with various languages and high-tech applications to communicate efficiently with the technical stakeholders.
- A Critical Thinker: Thinking critically means considering an issue from numerous perspectives and exploring various alternative solutions to it. A business analyst challenges assumptions and essentially comes up with logical solutions to locate the approximate route to a goal.
Business analyst: Epitomizing various responsibilities
A business analyst does not mean that an individual is suitable only one department of the organization. He/she can wear many hats and hop from one department to another to come up with business strategies that are effective and ensure success in any business model.
About Our Program
The Business Analyst Program by Manipal Global Academy of IT is a unique learning initiative designed for software professionals who aspire to move into the career path of a business analyst or a consultant. Click here for more details.
About the Author:
Head of Programs
Manipal Global Academy of IT (MGAIT)
Chandrika Raghavendra Bhargava is Head of Program at Manipal Global Academy of IT.
Chandrika has a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Bangalore University. She is also a certified PMP and Certified Trainer.
She has worked with Infosys Limited for nearly a decade in the Education, Training and Assessment (ETA) unit where she anchored ERP and Enterprise Application track. Chandirka is proficient in several ERP application tools like Business Process Management Tools, Business Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Domain functions like SCM, MFG, Retail, Etc.
Chandrika has also worked outside India (mainly in Gulf states) and worked in several training institutions teaching technology topics Like C, C++, Java, Web Technologies, AutoCAD, LISP etc.,