Home > Blogs > Everything You Need To Know About Cloud Computing In 10 Mins!
Everything You Need To Know About Cloud Computing In 10 Mins!
By Kamal Jacob
Cloud computing is an emerging field in the technology space that has gained a lot of traction in the last few years. Here’s all you would need to get a quick knowledge of Cloud Computing:
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing is a technology that allows you to use the various computer resources such as data storage, software development platforms, data servers, and processing units on demand without any direct active management.
These resources are available online and you have to pay for them as you use.
You can use these resources from any part of the world using any device by logging in with the help of an active internet connection.
Why do you need Cloud Computing?
Here are the reasons why companies need Cloud Computing:
1. Location Constraints: Before Cloud Computing data files could only be accessed from the workstations of the office and this posed location constraints, which made it difficult to have the operations being managed centrally across different locations.
2. Data Storage: Data was stored in large machines that have to be duly maintained in house. This was a huge cost for the companies who found it difficult to invest in them.
3. Scalability: Scaling of the operations was difficult at various levels, as it required huge investments in buying resources and maintaining them.
4. Upgrading technology: Every time the company has to update its technology it required them to buy a license of the latest versions, which were manually installed and maintained.
5. Information loss: As the data was manually stored at specific locations, there were no backups in a case when natural disasters could wipe off the entire data.
Types of Cloud
1. Public Cloud: Public clouds are the computing services that are offered over the public internet by third-party service providers. Anyone can use them upon purchase, where you pay based on the services consumed.
2. Private Cloud: Private clouds are the computing services that are offered over a private network by the third-party service providers. It can be used only by selective users and is generally not open for public use.
3. Hybrid Cloud: It is a private cloud that is used by a company for its own use, which they simultaneously share with other users managing the overflow of resources and offering flexibility to scale.
Cloud Computing Service Models
1. IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service): It provides the required hardware and virtualized OS resources to the enterprises for hosting.
2. PaaS (Platform as a Service): It provides the hardware and software tools that are required to build, run and manage applications.
3. SaaS (Software as a Service): It provides the applications that can be integrated with the user’s system to gain desired services.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing has been playing an instrumental role in the growth dynamics of the companies at different levels. Here are the benefits that Cloud Computing offers you:
a. Cost Efficiency
b. Enhanced Security
e. Insights with Cloud Analytics
f. Better Collaboration
g. Higher Quality Control
h. Better Resilience against disasters
i. Prevention of Data loss
j. Automatic Software Updates
Current Scenario and Future Scope of Cloud Computing
With 26% of the software developers currently using the cloud as the development environment, the global spending on cloud services will reach over USD 214 billion in the year 2019 with a 17.5% growth projection.
With this quick learning infographic about Cloud Computing, you might have got an idea about the Cloud Computing, to further learn the detailed insights and get the latest knowledge bytes on Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science follow the Manipal ProLearn Blog.
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
All About Cloud Computing In 10 Minutes
What Is Cloud Computing?Cloud Computing is one of the major revolution that happened in the...More Info
How Does The Career Path Of A Cloud Computing Professional In India Look Like?
IntroductionToday, if we are using the Internet, we will notice that the "Cloud" has become the...More Info
Can You Ignore Cloud Computing?
Why the Cloud Buzz?In today’s modern era, Cloud Computing is rapidly driving the technology...More Info
Product Teardown Of Digital Ocean: How Digital Ocean Is Revolutionizing Cloud Services
Digital Ocean is a Cloud infrastructure service provider headquartered in New York with data...More Info
2019's Amazing Advancements In Quantum Cloud Computing
IntroductionThe technology industry has undergone a huge advancement in terms of innovations and up...More Info
13 Reasons Why Cybersecurity Professionals Will Earn More!
Whether it is a highly sophisticated malware attack, a data breach or a ransomware attack, it’s no...More Info
Dance Like No One's Watching. Encrypt Like Everyone is!
Sensitive information such as credit card transactions, internet banking, and corporate...More Info
Want To Do Good For Your Nation? Be A Cybersecurity Professional
Not all heroes wear capes. This truly fits in the context of serving your nation. You do not have...More Info
How Artificial Intelligence (AI) Can Resolve The Cybersecurity Issues
Since its original conception in the early 1950s, Artificial Intelligence (commonly referred to as...More Info
Cloud Computing Interview Questions - Part 2
Traditionally, any IT ecosystem involved significant investment in terms of cost, time and skills...More Info