Home > Blogs > Digital Marketing Lessons to Learn from the Game of Thrones
Digital Marketing Lessons to Learn from the Game of Thrones
With a viewership of over 23 million per episode, Game of Thrones has captured the imagination of viewers like never before! With millions eagerly waiting to watch the complex characters, the dark humour, the myriad emotions, and exciting dynamics in the seventh season, there are a few lessons that we can learn on digital marketing from the famed TV show.
7 Lessons from the 7 Kingdoms
1. Amass an army of loyal fans – It takes an army to win the throne and the same goes for any business aiming to take over the market. To start with, the brand must know its audience and create a compelling story. This added to a band of loyal employees, will create an army of fans who will continue to buy from you and also sell for you through word-of-mouth. Mance Rayder is a great example of this. He amassed an army of wildlings with a common cause as the anchor.
2. Gather your weapons – Ensure you have the best tools to maintain and even enhance your customer experience by being able to study your customer’s online behavior and send out timely personalized information. Just like you would never carry a small knife to a war, ensure you have the correct weapons in your arsenal. To summarize, you need to be Bronn, who knows exactly what he needs in a fight.
3. Know how to use your weapons – So you have the website, social media accounts and everything else, but that is not enough to win the war. There is no point in having the right ‘weapons’ unless you know how to use them by not only attracting website visitors, but also converting them into customers. It would be like The Viper taking on The Mountain without knowing how to use any of his weapons.
4. Strong Leadership – A leader needs to have a strong vision and share it with his/her team, by not just knowing the way, but also by showing the way. Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen are great examples of strong leadership. A strong leader is not someone who is bestowed with a title, but someone who inspires his/her team. You don’t want to be the Joffrey of your company or industry.
5. Knowledge is Power – When going for a war, you don’t just need to know the weaknesses and strengths of your enemy, but also need to identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of your business. Lord Varys has taught us this very well, hasn’t he? The more information you arm yourself with, the easier it is to make the right decisions to conquer the throne.
6. Deliver on your Promises – Game of Thrones is a series of promises made and delivered, regardless of the cost. Just like Brienne of Tarth tries everything to protect Catelyn’s daughters, the business must also deliver on the distinctive promises made to the customers and ensure the delivery, no matter what.
7. Brace yourself – “Winter is Coming”, the most famous line quoted from the hit series is a lesson in itself. Good times may not last forever and every business must brace itself for any unexpected challenges by being prepared and having a back-up plan.
With innovative technologies constantly changing the industry, the business too must constantly develop, mature and optimize to stay on top of the game.
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
Why You Should Know About DeepMind?
DeepMind is one of the world leaders in the field of artificial intelligence that strives to make...
Outcomes Of Poor Cloud Services And How To Tackle Them
The cloud industry has shaped up to become one of the largest market for businesses over the last...
Role Of Colour Palettes In Data Visualizations
An image is worth a thousand words and it makes literal sense in data visualization. Data...
Is It Possible To Have A Career In AI If You Are Not Good At Math?
Image SourceIn today’s world of Siri and Google Assistant, data science and machine learning have...
Cheat Sheets For Machine Learning Frameworks
Traditional Machine Learning algorithms like decision trees were invented in the late 1900s. In...
How Graphic Designing Will Be Automated By Machine Learning & AI?
Over the years, the world has witnessed a tremendous technological transformation, especially in...
Why AI In The Fashion Industry Is More Relevant Than Ever
A quick Instagram search on the word #fashion brings up millions of results. And Instagram is just...
6 Cloud Computing Professions And Which One Should You Choose?
It is true that over the past several years, there is a lot of advancement happening in the cloud...
13 Certifications That Will Help You Build A Great Career In Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is an expeditious technology unfurled by IT developers that have transformed the...
8 Unexpected Ways To Collect Customer Feedback On Instagram
For any online or offline business enterprise, listening to your customers is key to knowing what...