Home > Blogs > DevOps: Why it is important now and in the future
DevOps: Why it is important now and in the future
By Arijit Banerjee
The secrets to success are now no secrets at all. The business scenario has become dynamic than ever before and almost all are in the know-how of what others are doing. What makes a difference is how efficiently a company uses its resources – manpower, technology and also consumers. Technology has become a major factor for businesses to succeed and thrive. In fact, businesses have become largely dependent on technology for operation and expansion. However, this dependence has opened up further business opportunities, bringing in new elements in the scenario. All these have led to the formation of an interesting space for organisations to operate in and reap the most out of it.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a new concept which has become very important for successful operation of modern business units. It is a special kind of software development and delivery process which lays more stress on communication between different sections in an organisation - especially amongst officers looking after business operations, product management and software development. This came into prominence because of the increasing impact of technology on businesses. The involvement of DevOps has greatly accelerated business processes by seamlessly integrating the use of relevant software in:
- Testing and deployment of products
- Procuring orders
- Making changes in the organisation’s infrastructure
- Conveying relevant information to its stakeholders
This helps establish a standard culture for smooth functioning and sustainability of the organisation.
Why Is It Important For Your Organisation?
Innovation has become one of the most important driving forces behind successful business operations and vice-versa. DevOps is an innovative concept which has facilitated smoother business operations. Here are some of the most underlying causes which make DevOps so important.
- It minimises the time taken to deliver systems to the business. Time is the most crucial factor in a business, especially in the delivery process. By reducing the time taken, it increases efficiency and therefore increases the customer’s reliability on the company.
- It decreases the risk involved in the production process. It facilitates automated non-functional testing and therefore reduces the time taken for developmental operations.
- It smoothens the process of service management. Since there are different layers and stages involved in production, it fosters better understanding in all of those stages and thereby prevents the development of any issue during the production process.
- It speeds up the delivery process by preventing and resolving any issue in the chain. Thereby it earns goodwill and more business for the organisation.
DevOps is largely embraced by organisations for adding value to their business. It is an important business aid. The importance is only going to increase when more and more companies realise its complete potential through earned benefits.
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
5 Technologies that are Transforming HR
The modern workplace is in the throes of massive transformation as Artificial Intelligence (AI),...
If You’re Born to Innovate, Lead and Solve Problems: Product Management is For You!
sumologic.comThe backstage heroesEver wondered who decided that the Instagram logo needs a makeover...
Why Germany's Demise in World War 2 is an Essential Lesson in Product Management
nationalreview.comLessons from historyAlmost eight decades ago, a war of worldly proportions...
Decoding DevOps Security: Three Best Practices
There’s no denying that DevOps is the new paradigm for application development in today’s fast-...
3 Product Manager Trends to Watch Out for in 2018
A great product manager comes equipped with certain qualities that sets him or her apart from the...
3 Ways by which Android Plans to Get a Makeover this Year
3 Lessons from the Perfect Product Management Guide that is Breaking Bad
Why Employees are Critical to Digital Transformation Success
We live in interesting times where the pace of change in digital technologies outpaces...
Product Management Enthusiast? Here are the 4 Best Indian Companies you can Join!
Here are 4 Ways You Can Run Planet Earth with C Programming