Home > Blogs > DevOps: Why it is important now and in the future
DevOps: Why it is important now and in the future
By Arijit Banerjee
The secrets to success are now no secrets at all. The business scenario has become dynamic than ever before and almost all are in the know-how of what others are doing. What makes a difference is how efficiently a company uses its resources – manpower, technology and also consumers. Technology has become a major factor for businesses to succeed and thrive. In fact, businesses have become largely dependent on technology for operation and expansion. However, this dependence has opened up further business opportunities, bringing in new elements in the scenario. All these have led to the formation of an interesting space for organisations to operate in and reap the most out of it.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a new concept which has become very important for successful operation of modern business units. It is a special kind of software development and delivery process which lays more stress on communication between different sections in an organisation - especially amongst officers looking after business operations, product management and software development. This came into prominence because of the increasing impact of technology on businesses. The involvement of DevOps has greatly accelerated business processes by seamlessly integrating the use of relevant software in:
- Testing and deployment of products
- Procuring orders
- Making changes in the organisation’s infrastructure
- Conveying relevant information to its stakeholders
This helps establish a standard culture for smooth functioning and sustainability of the organisation.
Why Is It Important For Your Organisation?
Innovation has become one of the most important driving forces behind successful business operations and vice-versa. DevOps is an innovative concept which has facilitated smoother business operations. Here are some of the most underlying causes which make DevOps so important.
- It minimises the time taken to deliver systems to the business. Time is the most crucial factor in a business, especially in the delivery process. By reducing the time taken, it increases efficiency and therefore increases the customer’s reliability on the company.
- It decreases the risk involved in the production process. It facilitates automated non-functional testing and therefore reduces the time taken for developmental operations.
- It smoothens the process of service management. Since there are different layers and stages involved in production, it fosters better understanding in all of those stages and thereby prevents the development of any issue during the production process.
- It speeds up the delivery process by preventing and resolving any issue in the chain. Thereby it earns goodwill and more business for the organisation.
DevOps is largely embraced by organisations for adding value to their business. It is an important business aid. The importance is only going to increase when more and more companies realise its complete potential through earned benefits.
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
All About Cloud Computing In 10 Minutes
What Is Cloud Computing?Cloud Computing is one of the major revolution that happened in the...More Info
How Does The Career Path Of A Cloud Computing Professional In India Look Like?
IntroductionToday, if we are using the Internet, we will notice that the "Cloud" has become the...More Info
Can You Ignore Cloud Computing?
Why the Cloud Buzz?In today’s modern era, Cloud Computing is rapidly driving the technology...More Info
Product Teardown Of Digital Ocean: How Digital Ocean Is Revolutionizing Cloud Services
Digital Ocean is a Cloud infrastructure service provider headquartered in New York with data...More Info
Everything You Need To Know About Cloud Computing In 10 Mins!
Cloud computing is an emerging field in the technology space that has gained a lot of traction in...More Info
2019's Amazing Advancements In Quantum Cloud Computing
IntroductionThe technology industry has undergone a huge advancement in terms of innovations and up...More Info
13 Reasons Why Cybersecurity Professionals Will Earn More!
Whether it is a highly sophisticated malware attack, a data breach or a ransomware attack, it’s no...More Info
Dance Like No One's Watching. Encrypt Like Everyone is!
Sensitive information such as credit card transactions, internet banking, and corporate...More Info
Want To Do Good For Your Nation? Be A Cybersecurity Professional
Not all heroes wear capes. This truly fits in the context of serving your nation. You do not have...More Info
How Artificial Intelligence (AI) Can Resolve The Cybersecurity Issues
Since its original conception in the early 1950s, Artificial Intelligence (commonly referred to as...More Info