Home > Blogs > Data Science Solves Communication Woes of a Telecom Giant
Data Science Solves Communication Woes of a Telecom Giant
By Aditi Bhat
Data Science can definitely make this world a better place. Slowly and gradually telecom giants are realizing this and using data science actively to solve the communication woes of their customers.
The mobile telecom group, Actuate found solutions to some of their biggest problems by using data science.
- Tracking performance and active users of mobile data services. Furthermore, centralizing information to make large amounts of data easy to access and utilize: Finding the right information without having to refer to multiple systems, reports and log files had been quite a cumbersome task. The information, thus, obtained needed a long processing time and tedious cross-verification. Further, the credibility of such information has mostly been questionable.
- Generating KPI reports without major dependence on the IT team: Given the complexity of it, the IT department helped in generating the KPI report. Therefore, in the absence of direct reporting capability, there was a chance that the company would have to shell out $150,000 an year to address their business analytics requirements.
Solution Proposed: Using ActuateOne and Hadoop for Big Data access and analytics
- The strategy revolved around harnessing Hadoop capabilities to mine Big Data on a colossal scale. But relying on Hadoop alone would not solve the bigger problem.
- The consumer data services team used BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) technology. As a result, it would connect analytics capabilities of already deployed ActuateOne application platform with the power of Hadoop. Consequently, doing so would enhanced the analytical capacity of ActuateOne.
- Analytics platform was now capable of leveraging Big Data. Also, it was now scalable and on-demand.
- The business analytics was consolidated into a unified location. Consequently, it replaced multiple older systems.
- Marketers could now obtain actionable customer insights from dynamic portal-based application.
Read the full story here: http://www.actuate.com/download/casestudy/Telecom-Hadoop-Case-Study.pdf
You could also read:
By Aditi Bhat
By Arijit Banerjee
By Aditi Bhat
Request a Call Back
Careers in Data Science (E-book)
Data is a buzz word & Data Science surely is a bustle to explore. Majority of people have a...More Info
Data Science Career In Five, Fifteen And Fifty Years
Image SourceData science has significant potential to impact our lives and how we work. We are...More Info
9 Creative Data Visualizations And What You Can Learn From Them
“A good sketch is better than a long speech.” — NapoleonA human brain processes visual information...More Info
All About Data Optimization!
What is data Optimization? Data Optimization is playing a major and important role in Pinterest and...More Info
Here’s How Data Analytics Is Transforming The Shipping Industry
The shipping lines transport a huge volume of cargo every day. It includes large containers,...More Info
10 Interview Questions For Aspiring Data Scientists
Data Science has emerged as one of the most rapidly adopted technology areas of the digital age. As...More Info
5 Statistical Techniques Data Scientists Need To Master!
Image result for Statistical TechniquesWhen it comes to data science, the capability to analyze,...More Info
Six AI Applications For Startups And Small Businesses
Who says Artificial Intelligence is just for the biggies in the industry?AI tools are an excellent...More Info
Things You Should Know About Robotic Surgeries!
Healthcare without a doubt is one of the most complicated and dynamic sectors — not only in India...More Info
Here’s how AI Empowers the Customer Experience
Imagine you had a small issue with your mobile phone plan and hoping to have it resolved pretty...