The 4 Unknown Roles IT Architects Play
By Arijit Banerjee
When it comes to understanding the complete set of responsibilities that an IT architect has to shoulder, people generally have the vaguest of ideas. Although there are certain fixed duties which an IT architect has to follow such as architecture procedure, architecture designs, standards, architecture plan, business architecture, and IT administration, there are also certain roles an IT architect plays which are unknown to the layman.
Here are the 4 unknown roles that the IT architects play other than simply being the architects.
As a part of this committee, an IT architect decides the rules and plans related to the business, security and advancement necessities which an organization can use, as well as to choose the repeatable illustrations and methods which should be used for the architecture plan. Also, an IT architect is responsible for the formation of such administration committees within the organization.
Portfolio Management and Key Project Support
IT architects are regularly responsible for the well-being of the IT portfolio; in spite of the fact that they are generally supporters of the IT portfolio, not owners. IT architects’ role include getting imperative data about the innovation and contributing knowledge into the innovation life cycles that oversee them.
Therefore, when it comes to processes, they:
- Give architectural direction and support to IT related projects and ventures
- Survey architecture fit and conformance with IT architecture
- Record reference architecture, standards, models, and best practices
- Follow behaviours that affect investigation to recognize zones that may need to change in business, data, application, and innovation architecture
- Characterize and report coordination prerequisites and recognize the proper future joining interface
- Distinguish data needs; create and keep up the legitimate information display
- Give direction and counsel on extend work from ideation to conclusion the whole work or project, starting from the ideation to conclusion
- Give direction to extend/program expectations, issues, procedures, and dangers
- Assess program/extend result
Innovation Life Cycles
Based on the above 2 pillars, IT architects make key decisions in the organization’s growth and innovation. In this capacity, they decide how singular advancements or norms will change, influence or disrupt the future. They can likewise decide if innovations or benchmarks will stay or be transitioned out of the association, depending upon the value added by the respective technology/processes.
Work with solutions architect
Also, enterprise architects have to collaborate with other divisions from time to time. One such example is their work with solutions architects. Here, they work together to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever-changing business needs.
Therefore, it can be said that although many view IT architecture as just a mere technical support, it is imperative that the IT architecture training includes an understanding of both IT and business dynamics. An IT Architect ought to be impartial in his capacity. If you are pursuing an enterprise IT architecture certification or software architect certification, it would be wise to take a course which offers a holistic approach to IT architecture training.