Given the popularity of Apple devices, there is an ever increasing demand for iOS Developers.
As iPhone is one of the most sought after smartphone, iOS is the dream platform amongst mobile app developers.
As per Indeed, the average salary for iOS professionals is 68% higher than average salary for other IT jobs.
This course will teach you how to build iOS apps using Objective-C and Swift programming language.
All the concepts required to build and deploy fully functional iOS applications are included in the course.
Instructor-led sessions to provide guided step by step code demonstration to implement the concepts learnt.
Entry level app developers can aim for a salary of INR 3 lakh p.a, while those in the mid-career level can earn around INR 8.5 lakh p.a.
After successful completion of this program, candidates can apply for iOS App Developer, iOS App Tester, iOS Programmer jobs.
Manipal ProLearn Certification on iOS App Developer Program after successful completion of program.
Who Should Attend
- Candidates interested in learning how to build iOS Applications.
- Anyone who wants to learn iOS app development even if they don’t have access to expensive infrastructure for the same.
- Mandatory: OOPs Programming knowledge
- Mobile Developers wanting to enhance their portfolio of apps using Swift programming language
- Learn how to build end-to-end iOS applications and launch them on the Apple AppStore.
- Learn Objective C programming language.
- Learn the Swift programming language.
- Get an in-depth understanding of the design principles used in building iOS app.
- Get a head start while building OSX applications.
- What is iOS?Introduction to iOS devices (iPhone, iPod, iPad)iOS Architecture and SDK FrameworksiOS SDK and Development EnvironmentApple iOS Developer Program & Sources of information
- Walkthrough of IDE: Demo of Xcode 6.xXcode installationCreating Projects using standard templatesCreating simple iOS ApplicationAnatomy of an iOS Application
- Introduction to the Swift Programming Language
- Classes and StructuresCreating Classes and StructuresInitialization and De initializationSyntaxInstancesPropertiesValue Types: Structures and EnumerationsReference Types: ClassesIdentity OperatorsAssignment and CopyPropertiesStored PropertiesComputed PropertiesRead-Only Computed PropertiesProperty ObserversGlobal and Local propertiesMethodsInstance MethodsLocal and External Parameter NamesConcept of selfModifying Value TypesMutating MethodsType Methods
- Creating UI using StoryboardBasic iOS Controls (UIButton, UISlider etc)Basic iOS Display Components (UILabel)IBOutlet & IBAction
- Target-Action (IBOutlet and IBAction)Building a Temperature Converter App
- Delegation Design PatternDelegation Design Pattern - UITextField (Example)
- Structure of iOS ApplicationAnatomy of an iOS Application
- UIView Properties - Frame, bounds, center etcScroll ViewUIView - Adding SubviewsUIView - Animation
- UIViewController - ExplainedLifecycle of a ViewControllerCreating Applications with multiple ViewsPassing Data between Viewcontrollers (using segue)Creating View Controllers in CodeNavigation Controllers
- Model View ControllerNotification
- Debugging iOS App using Breakpoints
- InheritanceBase ClassesOverriding MethodsOverriding PropertiesPreventing OverridesProtocolsProtocol SyntaxProperty RequirementsMethod RequirementsProtocols & DelegationProtocol InheritanceEnumeration SyntaxAssociated ValuesRaw Values
- Tab Bar ControllersTable View ControllerCollection View Controller
- Size Classes in Xcode 6.xAutolayoutAdaptive Layout
- Advanced Swift TopicsMemory Mangement - Automatic Reference Counting (ARC)Type CastingExtensionsClosuresClosure ExpressionsClosure SyntaxShorthand Argument NamesTrailing ClosuresCapturing Values
- Basics of SOAP and REST ProtocolsIntroduction to URL Loading ClassesNSURLSession Class & NSURLSessionDelegate methodsHandling URLResponse (HTTP response codes)JSON Parsing: Introduction to NSJSONSerializiation Class & NSJSONSerialization
- Data Persistence Using NSUserDefaultsData Persistence using Property ListsWriting custom classes to .plist file (NSCoding Protocol)NSKeyedArchiver & NSKeyedUnarchiver classesCore Data: Core Data BasicsCore Data: Building the Core Data StackCore Data: Core Data using NSPredicate ClassCore Data: Fetching Results using NSPredicate
- Location Awareness on iOS DevicesWorking with the GPS on iOS DevicesCore Location Framework
- Consuming Third Parth Frameworks using CocoapodsIntegrating Third Party Frameworks into iOS Apps: Google Maps